Saturday, May 23, 2009

I AM SO EXCITED

About a month ago I got an e-mail from my good friend Shawnee that they are moving to Utah. I was so excited I called her right away. Then she says they are looking more north and asked what I thought of Kaysville. Long story short, Shawnee is moving three houses down from me! What are the chances that a friend would first, move to Utah, then Kaysville, then my neighborhood putting her in my ward? When a ward here is no bigger than two streets, I never thought we would end up in the same ward. Ok, maybe I did a little house hunting for her. It is going to be so much fun. Jeff is so excited to have, Todd, one of his riding buddies around again.
History - Shawnee and I have been friends for about ten years. We met in the Antelope ward and became good friends working in Young Women's together. Shawnee had three good friends in that ward, Christy Sheppard, Jenny Astle and I like to think, myself. Christy moved to Roseville, I moved to Rocklin and Jenny to Utah. We all up and left poor Shawnee. When a Wal-mart was being built near their neighborhood, her husband decided it was time to move. Shawnee joined Christy in Roseville and they had fun living close to each other. We all like to tease Shawnee because she bought a house in a "gated community".But now it is time for Jenny and I to have her. Now I get to make jam with Shawnee in the spring again - sorry Christy. We have already begun plans for Christy to come back and join us for Women's Conference next year though or a summer visit earlier.
It is going to be so nice to have someone from home back here with me.
See you June 13th Shawnee!

p.s. - I'm probably scaring her off with my enthusiasm.

Aren't they a good looking family? Look at all those cute kids.

1 comment:

Angela Bassett said...

Awesome! That is very fun. Tell them we said hello. Hey, maybe you could send me an email with your address. Jess was also looking for an address for Shawnee and Jenny if you have them. thanks