Friday, January 9, 2009

New Year's week

We had a good start to a new year with the arrival of family members that came to visit. Mom, Dad, Tony and Tracey came out to spend the week with us. It was fun having them here and I realized that I enjoyed having guests and hope that more will come. Because it was still Christmastime, it felt like I had my Christmas party that I wanted with all the get- togethers we had.

We wanted to take them to Holy Smokes their first night here but because it was New Year's Eve they closed early. We opted for Red Robin just down the street.


The next day Dad, Jeff and Tony went to the movies to see Valkyre while us girls went to check out Gardner Village. Strike two!Again because it was New Year's Day, they were closed so we window shopped and mom and Tracey went back when they went out fabric shopping on another day.
Mom's cousin Jeannine lives close to Gardner Village so we dropped in on her to say hello. I told Jeannine since she was still in her pj's I wouldn't take pictures of her. Here we are with her daughter Audrey instead.
On New Year's we had an adult dinner/ birthday dinner for Mom, Tracey, Nathan and Tanya at our house while all the kids partied down at the Dorius house. Tony cooked a fancy, delicious dinner for us. Let's just say he was not pleased when I told him we were using paper goods to eat on because I didn't have enough plates and utensils for everyone. He then found the positive in the situation and called it an Italian picnic.
Soren and Ashley - still the newly weds
The older generation. Mom, Dad, Tanya's mom Mary, Aunt Dawn and Uncle Sheldon(mom's brother). Great picture of them all.
Me, Tanya, Tracey and Ashley
Tony and sicky Taylor(strep throat) at dinner at Nathan's.
Very cute picture that I can't believe Renae let me take and she even smiled!
Nicolene and Emma. Emma loved their magic set.
Everyone watching the Sugar Bowl with Utah against Alabama. I'm glad that's Dallin under that dog and not me.
Jeff with the sicky this time. Bless her heart.
I tried getting a picture with Jeff and this is as good as I could get.
Finally dinner at Holy Smokes on their last night. Yummy! Mother was more than willing to take the pictures because she does not like being in them.
It was also Tracey's birthday on their last day here. While we were at dinner Mikayla made a cake for her. I am guessing it was also Mikayla that straightened up a little too so it would look nice.

No comments: